Fall 2022 Inclusive City Builders Fellowship Application – Apply Here!
In an effort to support more diverse representation within the commercial real estate industry, the Inclusive City Builders Fellowship will facilitate a multi-discipline rotational career shadowing opportunity that exposes students to different career pathways within the industry, provides an opportunity for students to connect with peers and potential mentors, and creates a pipeline of future interns and employees for businesses in the industry.
Administered by the Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors, the Inclusive City Builders Fellowship is a eight-month, academic year program focused on recruiting college students in Colorado, with future engagement opportunities for high school students as well. Current employers participating in the program are Milender White (construction), McWhinney (development), CBRE (brokerage, property management, financial analysis), Shears Adkins Rockmore (architecture/design/urban planning), and the City and County of Denver (public sector).
As part of the program, participants will shadow team members within each employer to develop a better understanding of the career opportunities within commercial real estate. We are anticipating the time commitment to be roughly 8 hours a week.
Students Will Have the Opportunity To:
• See first-hand the day-to-day work of commercial real estate professionals within some of the region’s top companies
• Participate in bi-monthly Lunches with Leaders, an informal opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in commercial real estate in the region
• Participate in bi-monthly Networking Happy Hours to meet other young people in the industry, along with industry leaders
• Gain access to our network of hundreds of Colorado commercial real estate professionals
• Earn a stipend of $3500 to support ongoing academic studies
• Supplement your existing internship or academic schedule
Application Opens: August 8th
Application Deadline: August 22nd
Program Selection Date: September 14th
Onboarding and Program Kickoff: TBD
Program Activities: September 2022 – April 2023
• Shadowing schedule coordinated through each employer one month in advance
Applicant must be an undergraduate student